Friday, August 20, 2010

Cakes for Jeffrey!

So I have a 5 year old cousin...and he's been my biggest supporter, fan, and customer since he was 3!  He's the cutest, most precocious 5 year old with the warmest smile and biggest heart.  For his 3rd birthday, he wanted Lightning McQueen from the movie "Cars"- it was the second time that I would use fondant to make a cake...and it was a HUGE cake.  I shaped the cake first, and then covered it with white fondant....and then air brushed it red!  It was so much fun...and it came out great.  I somehow do NOT have a picture  (I know, sad face). 

However...for his 4th birthday-- I DO have pictures of the cake that I made.  It was a carnival themed party...so I made a fun and festive, colorful layered cake with many different colors and stripes and shapes.  It came out awesome (and was even bigger than Lightning!)  Jeffrey goes to me "Vicky...I think I like the Lightning cake better"  (he's 4...he wanted something a little more flashy than this cake!)
And then this year- for his 5th birthday pool party extravaganza...I made my Teddy Graham Pool Party cake with Jell-O water!  Everything is completely edible and is SO much fun!  (I had one small mishap and did not let the Jell-O set enough before adding it to the cake...so it spilled through!)  But it flavored the cake and made it even more yummy! 

Jeffrey's already planning his cake for his 6th birthday- he's thinking Leggos--- any ideas?!!  Bake on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment